The Botanical Gardens was originally established in 1808 by the Portuguese Prince Regent Dom Joao, and these towering palms are known as the Royal Palms.
Here the Royal Palms frame the ever evident Cristo.
Trisha in the loggia.
Victorian Water Lillies.
An adolescent Victorian water lilly.
Pond with reflections.
The Orchid house contains hundreds of varieties
As well as orchids, this unidentified exotic was also in the humidity of the orchidarium
These strangely beautiful things were all up a number of trees, but none of the 3 garden staff we asked could tell us what they actually were.
Any suggestions as to a name for this wonderment would be welcome.
<<<<<<< Contents >>>>>>>>